Malden Steam Car The Malden Steamer was built in very small numbers in Malden, Massachusetts and gives a clear idea of how much the design of early cars owed to the horse carriage. This example dates from 1898, and was obtained from the Zimmerman Museum in Pennsylvania. L: 240 cm W: 136 cm H: 163 cm


Ford Model T The Museum,The Museum is fortunate enough to have four examples of this famous car – a 1908 2 seater wagon, 1918 roadster, 1918 “tourer” and a 1926 TT bus. The model T was introduced in 1908, and more than 15 million cars were built up to 1927, using the then new principle of the assembly line. L: 350 cm W: 173 cm H: 181 cm


1933 Model Buick 66C,Buick became known for upmarket products - large, fast with sporting lines. This example is a two-door convertible, with a straight-eight engine and fold-out “dicky seat” instead of a boot. Kindly donated by the late Erdoğan Gönül. L: 495 cm W: 177 cm H: 162 cm


1938 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe Lincoln and Cadillac, two of America’s most prestigious marques, were both formed by Henry Leland. The former was taken over by Henry Ford in 1921. The Zephyr, first seen in 1935, was the response of Edsel Ford (son of the legendary Henry Ford) to a catastrophic fall in sales of the huge K-series Lincolns in the Great Depression. Much smaller and more economical, the new Zephyr kept the trademark Lincoln V-12 engine and featured daring streamlined styling inspired by designer John Tjaarda, came to be copied by nearly every other car maker in later years. This is an example of a 3-person Coupe. Kindly donated by the Değirmenci Group. L: 525 cm W: 167 cm H: 166 cm


Messerschmitt The Messerschmitt bubble car was built by RSM Messerschmitt Werke, the very same company that produced the legendary Luftwaffe aircraft during World War II. The example here is a 1955 KR 200, powered by a Fichtel and Sachs 191cc 2-stroke engine, and its unusual features include tandem seating, cockpit type roof/door and direct handlebar steering. L: 317 cm W: 136 cm H: 111 cm


MGA 1955MG (short for 'Morris Garages') was founded by Cecil Kimber in 1923, and the name quickly became synonymous with the classic 2 seater sports car, especially in America.


The conception of the MGA design began when MG redesigned their Le Mans car in 1951 making it more streamlined. From this the new model was designed and named the “MGA” due to the car’s unique appearance. The official launch of the model MGA was at the1955 Frankfurt Motor Show. It proved to be a very popular sports car and went on to sell in large numbers before production ended in July 1962. The MGA was one of the most exported cars in Britain at the time. (On loan from Ford Otosan A.Ş.) L: 395 cm W: 150 cm H: 125 cm


Cadillac Super 62 de Ville Hardtop Coupe Cadillac was always noted for its quality, luxury and innovation. In the 1950’s its body styling became extravagant, especially at the rear, with tail fins inspired by the Lockheed P-38 fighter. Later, Cadillac simplified their designs, and this 1960 de Ville Coupe is now much sought after by collectors. Kindly donated by the late Erdoğan Gönül. L: 565.5 cm W: 206 cm H: 145 cm


1965 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud III Rolls-Royce, founded in 1904 by Charles Rolls and Henry Royce, is famous for producing cars of exceptional quality, with perhaps the most respected brand name in motoring. The imposing Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III was a refinement of the Cloud II, which was itself a V8 version of the straight 6-engined Cloud I. This fine example was the property of famous record producer and founder of Atlantic records, the late Mr. Ahmet Ertegün. Kindly donated by The American-Turkish Society. L: 530 cm W: 200 cm H: 160 cm


1962 Morris Mini Cooper Arguably the most influential car design of all time, the radical Mini was designed by Sir Alec Issigonis. Issigonis’s friend John Cooper, Formula 1 Champion, collaborated to create the famous Mini Cooper, which debuted in 1961. Small wheels were specified, and the suspension system used rubber cones instead of steel springs. It went on to extraordinary success in both racing and rallying, winning the Monte Carlo Rally three times. In 1999, the Mini was named European Car of the Century, coming second only to the Model T Ford as Global Car of the Century. L: 300 cm W: 140 cm H: 140 cm


Anadol A1 Otosan Sanayii, part of the Koç Group, made contact with Reliant Motors in England in 1963 with a view to setting up a local car industry in Türkiye. The first prototype, known as the Reliant FW5, was an Ogle- designed 5 seater fibreglass saloon, with the 1198 cc Ford engine from the Anglia Super. It was driven to Istanbul in December 1965, and named Anadol after a national competition. L: 429 cm W: 160 cm H: 145 cm


1956 BMW Isetta 300 The Isetta is an Italian-designed microcar built under licence in a number of different countries, including Spain, Belgium, France, Brazil, Germany,and the United Kingdom. Produced in the post-World War II years, a time when cheap short-distance transportation was most needed, it became one of the most successful and influential city cars ever created. Because of its egg shape and bubble-like windows, it became known as a “bubble car”, a name later given to other similar vehicles. The first BMW Isetta appeared in April 1955. This Isetta had been restored by Barry. T. Croston (deceased), at Warrington, England in 2011. L: 235 cm W: 140 cm H: 135 cm


1966 Jaguar S Type William Lyons founded the Swallow Sidecar Company, in 1927. SS cars immediately became famous for speed, style and above all value. After the war, the company name was changed to Jaguar (the initials SS being closely associated with the deposed Nazi regime). The Jaguar S-type was introduced in 1963 and benefited from significant new technical developments within the brand. This model is based on the Mk2 but it’s fitted with the fully independent rear suspension of the 1961 Jaguar Mkx. Its interior looks like that of the Mk2, but offers more luxury and comfort. Classic appearance and advanced mechanics (powerful 3.8 engine with automatic transmission) is attracting the attention of Jaguar enthusiasts. This fine example was the property of our Museum’s Board Member, the late Aydın İ. Çubukçu. Kindly donated by his wife Ms. Eda Nükhet Çubukçu. L: 473 cm W:153 cm H: 143 cm


Fittipaldi F8 Formula 1 Racing Car The Brazilian Fittipaldi team entered Grand Prix racing in 1975, with drivers Wilson and Emerson Fittipaldi. This car is chassis no. F8/1, which was first driven at the British Grand Prix in July 1980 by Emerson Fittipaldi. Its best finish was a 5th place by future World Champion Keke Rosberg at the Italian Grand Prix that year. L: 420 cm W: 206 cm H: 150 cm


Albion A10 A10 X-Ray Ambulance Produced by the famous Scottish firm of Albion, this vehicle was used by the British Army during WWI and saw service in the conflict between the Allied Forces and the Ottoman Empire. On loan from the Turkish Red Crescent. L: 610 cm W: 210 cm H: 230 cm


Magirus Fire Engine The Magirus name is synonymous with high-quality fire fighting appliances around the world. This imposing example was produced in the Kühler Factory in Germany on September 27th, 1922, using a Deutz engine. It saw service in, and was kindly donated by, the Municipality of İzmir. L: 630 cm W: 212 cm H: 290 cm