The M/V Fenerbahçe is a ferry built in 1952, the same year as its sister ship the M/V Dolmabahçe, at the William Denny & Brothers shipyard in Dumbarton, Glasgow. The ship is one of the so-called “garden type” and went into service on 14th May 1953 as part of the Turkish Maritime Lines Fleet. For many years the ship plied the Sirkeci-Adalar-Yalova-Çınarcık line between Istanbul and the southern shore of the Marmara Sea, until making its last farewell voyage on 22th December 2008. The ship has two 1500 horsepower Sulzer diesel engines, twin screw and a maximum speed of 18 knots per hour. It is a handsome vessel, with its huge funnel and wooden fittings. Since 2009 it has served as a museum ship that is open to the public and is a venue for temporary exhibitions and educational events. Visitors also enjoy the nostalgic atmosphere of the café. The ferry is on loan from Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality

L: 73.99 m

W: 11.59 m