Chris and Henry Smith built their first wooden boat in 1875. Their first mass-production facility opened in Algonac, Michigan in 1884, and by 1910 the company was focused on building fast, economically priced runabout boats for mass-market distribution. After many racing successes, the name changed in 1922 to the Chris Smith & Sons Boat Company, and at the same time the Chris-Craft brand name became standardised. By 1927, the company was recognised as the world's largest builder of mahogany constructed recreational powerboats. During World War II, Chris-Craft diverted production to US Navy patrol boats, utility launches and rescue vessels, but by 1950 domestic production had resumed, with no fewer than 139 different models offered.
L:5,20 m Width: 1,30 m