TCG Uluçalireis Submarine
This vessel was originally built as the Tench-class US Navy Submarine USS Thornback (SS-418) at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, USA in 1944. It is more than 93m long and displaces more than 2,400 tons. The boat saw service during Second World War in the Pacific Theatre. She was transferred to the Turkish Navy on 2nd July 1971, and immediately renamed TCG Uluçalireis with pennant number S-338. She then gave thirty years of service to the Republic of Turkey before finally being transferred to the care of the Rahmi M. Koç Museum in 2001. On loan from the Turkish Navy.